Thursday, February 24, 2011

Will you support my growth? Ok I still like you, be my friend.


"I align myself with people who support my growth.
If you meet someone whose soul is not aligned with yours, send them love and move along."

-Dr. Wayne Dyer

There are people that wish you well, others that don't (eep, move along now!) and those who well, wish you, nothing? Right now I'm struggling to find my spiritual balance as well as figuring my life's work purpose. I have reached out for support to a handful of people, while only briefly mentioning my struggle to others. I think Dr. Dyer's message can be applied to any facet of life. Do you parents support your growth? your spouse? your friends? your boss? It is an important question to consider if you are thinking of "moving on". At this point in my life right now it's been very clear to me about a few people in my life that I need to let go of. I think a part of me is mourning this transition while trying to move on with those I've chosen to maintain a relationship with.

I think it all comes down to this quote by Iyanla Vanzant, spiritual practioner made famous by Oprah in the 90's and again this past couple of weeks.

"The only way to get what you really want is to let go of what you don't want." — Iyanla Vanzant

and

"If you don't choose me, I'm not going to let myself keep choosing you." Iyanla Vanzant

The lesson that I'm working on, is that sometimes, it's ok to not know what you want and to know where you are going, but to at least recognize what you do not want and where you don't want to be.

So, what do you not want?

No comments:

Post a Comment